It's a horse a piece

This page is intended to be a place I can share, rant and rave about anything I wish. However, it'll probably end up being about moving to a new country, being a mom, and whatever else gets my attention. Geez. By-the-by, should you wish to contact me, do so at alizarai at gmail dot com.

Thursday, March 02, 2006

*I* am a slacker

Yah, I know it's been almost a month since my last (first) post.

Ok, so I'm two weeks from my due date. I keep waiting for one of those inevitable signs that I'm in labor to rear it's ugly head- ie the loss of my mucus plug or oooo, diarrhea and cramps. So last night my husband gets into bed listening to his iPod, meanwhile I'm reading Daughter of Fortune by Isabelle Allende (which I totally recommend). I finally got up and shut off the lights, crawled back into bed and moved a little closer to the hubby because I was cold. Now, this is unusual. With the pregnancy I've usually been hot, at the very least warmer than everyone else and so have not minded too much my first Norwegian winter. I mean, cotton has been enough to keep me warm- except for the feet on which only wool or some other warm & fuzzy substance will do. Anyway, I slid a little closer to him for warmth and suddenly, after some seriously heavy breathing, there erupts a tirade about how he doesn't have enough room and if I don't move over he's going to take my body pillow and throw it out of the bed. Excuse me. I was just trying to steal a little heat. So, I did. I moved over. You must realize, the body pillow is the only thing that makes me moderately comfortable at night and relieves my hip pain enough for me to fall asleep. Also, I can only sleep on my side (not news to any of you who've been pregnant) which I detest, and of course, takes up more room. I am a starfish and have slept on my back for as long as I can remember, or at least since my second grade teacher told us that sleeping on your back was the healthiest and also the most effective form of beauty rest. Which just confirmed for me that sleeping on your back was the way to go. All this is just a way for me to say Dang! I mean, if there's a time in my life where I should be able to take up as much friggin' room in bed as I wish, shouldn't it be right now? Seriously. Two weeks from my due date, I have insomnia half the time, I roll from one side to the other every few hours to give one hip a break while the other gets sore, and two nights ago when I made it through one night without having to get up and pee I felt like I'd won something- (where's my gold medal). Then this morning, his alarm goes off, he gets up and goes downstairs to use the bathroom, returns and flops into bed shoving the pillow over into my belly again! I said to him, "Do you have to be such a bunghole? Could you be a little more gentle, I mean is it such a big deal? If it is, go find somewhere else to sleep!" He was like, "I can be gentle." I said "Yeah, right" and laid there fuming for a few minutes while he went back to sleep. Guess who's still in bed an hour and fifteen minutes later. Not me.

1 Comments:

At March 22, 2006 6:01 AM, Blogger Holly said...

yeah...you have to get better about posting....just kidding.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home