So, I've been a little busy...
To explain my lack of posting would be silly, right? I mean, it's probably the most obvious thing ever. Not to mention email, I have so little time for either- and I do miss it.
I'm sitting at my kitchen table enjoying the peace, all the babies are asleep at 9:30 in the morning. It is bliss. But I think maybe I should be sleeping too. A kind of anxiety comes over me, how best can I use the little time I have to myself? I'd like to go out for a walk with Sacha (my dog), but that can't be done. Babies can't be left alone, sleeping or not. I've been trying to get my desk organized so I can work on some artwork and projects like the babies memory books and photography. Maybe I should do that? I've still got one more shelf to hang over the desk. But that would require the drill and would probably wake Mr. M. Maybe I should blog (I am)- I've had so many posts floating around my head that haven't made it online. About the colic, oh my freakin' gawd the colic it has just been awful. The twins are nine weeks old now and just in the past two days or so it does seem to be getting a little better.
Or maybe I should do yoga? I practiced yesterday, that was so nice, just to move and stretch again. The funny thing is, I am by no means in shape again, but I actually feel better about my body than I ever did before I had children. Which is odd because my stomach was completely free of stretch marks then, and I was actually in pretty good shape for several years before from practicing and teaching yoga. But I was always so self-conscious of my belly, it was never perfectly flat the way I thought it was supposed to be. I admit, I fell prey to the media.
Anyway, like I said I feel pretty good about my body and I think it's because I have now nurtured three children with it, carried them through pregnancy and fed them with breastmilk. Wait- I feel great about my body! The twins have gained weight like gangbusters (does that make sense). In nine weeks they've gone from 2.6 kilos to 5 kilos, nearly doubling their weight. The graphs at the helsestasjon don't have curves, instead there're nearly vertical lines on them. Except for a bottle of formula each, every other day at most for the past few weeks, that weight gain is entirely due to breastfeeding. So, I'm proud of that, I'm proud that this is what I'm physically capable of- not just sustaining them but nurturing their growth during pregnancy and afterward. I breastfed my son throughout the entire twin pregnancy and still do once or twice a day. I've found he's still quite interested in it and gets a little jealous if he sees the girls feeding and he doesn't get to. It's still the best remedy if he's fallen or bumped his head now that he's close to walking and climbing on everything. Anyway, it's ironic I think, that I can appreciate my body and feel good about it much more now than when I was say 18 or 20.
Labels: babies, body image, breastfeeding, daily life, twins

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home